Warm-up: Mountaineering Vocabulary
Activities & Lesson
- Review successes and expectations
- Group photo
- Current Event (due Wednesday at the beginning of class)
- Active Reading
- Sponsorship Letter
- Club Faire is Friday at lunch
- Begin mailing sponsorship letters
- First Outdoor Adventure: Hiking Sky Lakes, October 4
Warm-up: Quia Comma Practice Games
Activities & Lesson
- Review Evaluation Form for TOMORROW’s My Dream Trip presentation
- Finish My Dream Trip and practice presentation
- My Dream Trip Letter
- My Dream Trip PowerPoint
- My Dream Trip 3-5 minute presentation
- Group photo Monday
- Parent meeting TONIGHT 6-7 pm
- Guest speaker in Spanish tomorrow
- Wear your favorite Crater or BIS t-shirt tomorrow! The first 150 BIS students to stop by the courtyard before school will get a tasty treat for participating.
- Make sure you’ve turned in your parent signature syllabus page!
Reminders: Parent meeting tomorrow night 6 pm in Tech Center, bring active reading and draft of letter to Sully’s breakout, group photo Monday – dress up,
Due: Dream Trip Presentation, Friday!
Agenda for Today
- Calentamiento afuera
- Vote on senior quote
- Review My Dream Trip Powerpoint
- Presentation Guidelines for Dream Trip
- Work on My Dream Trip project
Tasks: Set up U: drive, Parent meeting Thursday 6-7 pm, Group photo on Friday, emails – title with “CIS” in the title!
- Warmup Comma Battleship
- SENIORS: Pick a quote that represents you and our block theme that we can hold up in our group photo on Friday. Email it to Siemer with the title “CIS Quote”
- Work on My Trip project
Tasks: Choose your permanent computer seat, Thursday night parent meeting regarding CIS and International Trip fundraising
- Ejercicio Preparatorio y Fometamos el Espiritú del Grupo
- Review Jacksonville Scavenger Hunt Award (PPT)
- Syllabus Syllabus
- Set up U: drive
- Introduce My Trip Project (dream trip rubric)
(Siemer meet with Independent Study Students)
Tasks: collect permission slips, Monday computer choice, Yogurt Hut sign off, CMART training
Check out BIS’s Costa Rica Trip website
1. Get logged on!
2. Grammar Pre-Test
3. Course Outline, Rules, Procedures & Syllabus. Create tenants of BIS.
4. Group Photo!
5. Musical World Sites game